A List Of 18 Challenging History Essay Topics For College
Are you looking for something that will give your juices flowing in terms of content and writing style? You should write an essay on history. You can choose many possible topics which will challenge to greatly and provide you with the most comprehensive exposition you can possibly think of.
Here are some examples as follows:
You can choose to write about significant events in history and how it affects modern day living. These are some of the most prominent topics on significant historical events:
- A Comparative Study between World War I and World War Ii
- Apartheid: An Investigative Essay on the History of Racial Segregation
- The Holocaust: A Day in the Lives of Jews in Nazi Germany
- The Hundred Years’ War: The Road to Declaration
- Martial Law: A Blessing or a Curse?
As you can see in the first part of the list, all the topics have one thing in common: Controversy. If you want a challenging topic for your exposition, it would be best to take the controversial route. On the other hand, you can also focus on prominent figures in history such as the following:
- Adolph Hitler
- Ferdinand Magellan
- Queen Elizabeth I
- Joan of Arc
- King Louis XVI
By doing this, your exposition will turn into a biographical account of the lives of these prominent people. You can take the challenge of giving them a more human perspective as opposed to their status as a historical figure. This way, you will be able to succeed in creating a much more comprehensive account of their lives.
In addition to this, you can also talk about some of the most important points in historical spirituality. Here are some examples of what I am talking about.
- The Salem Witch Trials
- The History of Catholic Religion
- The Role of Religion in Government throughout History
- Religion and the Spanish Inquisition
- The History of Judeo-Christian Beliefs
Aside from this, you can also talk about some of the most prominent psychological tenets throughout history. Below are some of the most compelling examples:
- Homosexuality and History: An Exposition on Its Development
- Psychological Treatments for the Years
- The Evolution of Psychology throughout History
By choosing to use any of these three topics, you will be able to correlate two seemingly different fields of study. This is where the challenge lies.
These are just some of the many examples that you can choose from regarding possible essay topics in the future. In order to find the challenge in your task, you just have to be able to see history from a different light. Choose topics that are rarely discussed and you will be able to find your niche for sure.